1. All client bookings that are accepted by Travelhire are undertaken in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. It is assumed for these purposes that the client understands and accepts these terms and conditions at the time of booking.
2. Travelhire may, in its absolute discretion, decline to accept any booking.
3. In relation to any booking(s), the details contained in the final booking confirmation that is sent (by email) to the client by Travelhire (the "Final Confirmation") shall constitute the agreed booking details. It is the client's responsibility to verify that the details contained in the Final Confirmation are correct and accurate.
4. If the client does not appear or make himself/herself known to the driver at the time and place designated for collection in the Final Confirmation within (a maximum period of) 60 minutes of the scheduled collection time, the driver will be instructed to stand down and our full charge together with the relevant waiting time and car parking fees that have been incurred will be chargeable at the full rate and all prepayments in relation to such booking will be non-refundable.
5. Any booking that is cancelled by the client on less than 6 hours notice of cancellation will be chargeable at the full rate. Any overnight expenses that have been incurred by Travelhire prior to the time of cancellation in respect of a cancelled booking will also be chargeable in full.
6. In relation to a group booking involving 5 cars or more for a single event, a credit card deposit equal to 50% of the anticipated hire charges is required at the time of booking and a non-refundable booking fee of £50.00 (excluding VAT) is required to hold a future date. Any subsequent cancellation on less than 72 hours notice of cancellation of such booking will be chargeable in full.
7. In relation to the collection of a client from an airport, the first 15 minutes waiting time taken from the last confirmed landing time that Travelhire receives (from BAA or any other relevant airport authority or airline website) in respect of the flight in question is given free of charge. Thereafter, waiting time will be chargeable at our standard waiting time rate. Car parking fees will be chargeable at cost.
8. Our standard charges are subject to a surcharge equal to (i) 25%, between the hours of midnight and 6am (ii) 50%, on public holidays in the UK (other than those referred to in (iii)) and (iii) 100%, on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
9. Waiting time and car parking fees may apply to any booking.
10. Gratuities are not included in our charges.
11. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.50% processing charge.
12. Invoiced accounts are payable within 14 days of the invoice date.
13. Whilst we will always endeavor to ensure that our drivers arrive punctually, Travelhire does not accept responsibilty or liability for delays caused by accidents, road works, road closures, diversions, weather or factors that are outside of Travelhire's control. Travelhire does not accept responsibility for missed flights or ongoing connections of any kind as a result of such delays. Travelhire will, in good faith, give advice on estimated journey times but cannot guarantee them. Our drivers will drive at safe and sensible speeds in accordance with applicable road and traffic conditions and legal speed limits. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that sufficient journey time is allowed to meet any deadlines.
14. Travelhire may, on occassion, engage the services of one or more associates or independent drivers or companies for the purpose of fulfilling a booking or contract or to provide a particular type of vehicle.
15. Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and/or exterior of a vehicle on hire to them. The client will be charged accordingly for any repair and/or valeting required to reinstate a vehicle to working order and to cover any loss of earnings incurred as a result of the relevant vehicle being out of service as a consequence of any act (including, but not limited, to spillages, vomiting and soiling) attributable to the client, up to a maximum of £320.00 (excluding VAT).
16. Travelhire accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any property or luggage carried in or on the vehicle howsoever such loss or damage is caused. Travelhire's drivers will use their absolute discretion regarding the amount of luggage that it is safe for them to carry in the vehicle. Heavy luggage or sharp-edged objects will not be permitted to be placed on the interior seating or carried in the cabin area of the vehicle.
17. Hazardous, illegal or dangerous goods (as classified by English or International Law) will not be carried in the vehicle. The client will be liable for any consequences or actions of any kind resulting from the carriage or attempted carriage of any such items.
18. If there are any variations to the details contained in the Final Confirmation at the request of the client or the client requests a driver to use a route that is further in distance or longer in time than Travelhire's chosen route, additional time and/or mileage charges may apply in accordance with our current pricing structure.
19. Our driver wil travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the client.
20. Travelhire reserves the right to change a vehicle and/or driver at any time should it be deemed necessary to do so.
21. Travelhire reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger whom is considered by the driver to be a nuisance or danger or under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour may, in the absolute discretion of the driver, pose a threat either to the driver, the vehicle or any other passenger(s).
22. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED BY LAW IN ANY VEHICLE OPERATED BY TRAVELHIRE.